Regional Services • Community Focused
Established in 1963, the Southern Georgia Regional Commission is a regional planning and
intergovernmental coordination agency which serves 45 municipalities and 18 counties in
Our Mission is to develop, promote, and provide services that make the Southern Georgia region a better place to live and work.
• We provide professional technical assistance to state and federal agencies.
• We partner with local businesses and governments to train and recruit a diverse workforce.
• We provide services for the region’s older adults and individuals.
• We develop, promote, and provide comprehensive planning and development services to help make Southern Georgia and its many local communities better places to live and work.
• We have dedicated staff that partners with local governments to increase the prosperity and quality of life in our region.
SGRC includes the counties of Atkinson, Bacon, Ben Hill, Berrien, Brantley, Brooks, Charlton, Clinch, Coffee, Cook, Echols, Irwin, Lanier, Lowndes, Pierce, Tift, Turner, Ware.