Regional Services • Community Focused
Established in 1963, the Southern Georgia Regional Commission is a regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency which serves 45 municipalities and 18 counties in Southern Georgia.
Our mission is to effectively and efficiently oversee the implementation and administration of programs and services that assist local governments, resulting in an improved quality of life for Southern Georgians.
• We provide professional technical assistance to state and federal agencies.
• We partner with local businesses and governments to train and recruit a diverse workforce.
• We provide services for the region’s older adults and individuals.
• We develop, promote, and provide comprehensive planning and development services to help make Southern Georgia and its many local communities better places to live and work.
• We have dedicated staff that partners with local governments to increase the prosperity and quality of life in our region.
SGRC includes the counties of Atkinson, Bacon, Ben Hill, Berrien, Brantley, Brooks, Charlton, Clinch, Coffee, Cook, Echols, Irwin, Lanier, Lowndes, Pierce, Tift, Turner, Ware.