Workforce Development Planning Resources
SGRC administers the program on behalf of local elected officials and the Southern Georgia Workforce Development Board, which is a private sector-led board that provides a regional base of leadership for workforce, education and economic development solutions.
These boards reach out to communities in the region to form partnerships that leverage resources and expertise in:
· Job Search Assistance
· Career Counseling with Certified Career Advisors
· Rapid Response Teams for Plant Closings
· Retraining & Outplacement Services for Dislocated Workers
· Support for Increasing Southern Georgia's Healthcare Workforce
· Financial Assistance with Costs Associated with Occupational Skills Training in   High-Demand, Growth Jobs Youth Job Training Programs
· Labor Market Information
· Youth Work Experience
· Comprehensive One-stop Centers in Valdosta, GA.
· Affiliate One-Stop Centers in Douglas, Tifton and Waycross, GA.
Southern Georgia Regional Plan PY2016
If you are interested in applying for WIOA Financial Assistance please contact one of our Provider Locations listed below:
Paxen Learning Corporation: Contact Christoper Stokes at (229) 333-7501
Southern Regional Technical College: Contact Cindy Baker at (229) 217-4166
Valdosta Career Center: Contact Cathy Daniels at (229) 245-2487
Waycross Career Center: Contact Mary Walker at (912) 226-4424
Wiregrass Georgia Technical College : Contact Charmane Glenn at (229) 333-5271
"Equal opportunity employer/program"
"Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities"
TDD/TTY: (800) 255-0056 or Voice: (800) 255-0135 Southern Georgia RC Workforce Development: (912) 285-6097
Contact us by phone:
Southern Georgia RC Workforce Development: (912) 285-6097