Workforce Development Planning Resources
SGRC administers the program on behalf of local elected officials and the Southern Georgia Workforce Development Board, which is a private sector-led board that provides a regional base of leadership for workforce, education and economic development solutions.
These boards reach out to communities in the region to form partnerships that leverage resources and expertise in:
· Job Search Assistance
· Career Counseling with Certified Career Advisors
· Rapid Response Teams for Plant Closings
· Retraining & Outplacement Services for Dislocated Workers
· Support for Increasing Southern Georgia's Healthcare Workforce
· Financial Assistance with Costs Associated with Occupational Skills Training in   High-Demand, Growth Jobs Youth Job Training Programs
· Labor Market Information
· Youth Work Experience
· Comprehensive One-stop Centers in Valdosta, GA.
· Affiliate One-Stop Centers in Douglas, Tifton and Waycross, GA.